Here is a selection of posts promoting Black theology and anti-racist thought.
Celebrating Black Theology
“Amplifying Black Voices,” June 2020:
- Songs of Lamentation and Longing: Hearing Black Spirituals
- Dreams Deferred: Hearing the Harlem Renaissance
- Beyond ‘I Have a Dream’: Hearing Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
- The Blackness of God: Hearing Dr. James H. Cone
- Deep River Flowing Home to God: Hearing the Womanist Thought of Dr. Diana L. Hayes
- A Time for Prophetic Grief: Hearing BlackLivesMatter
Black History Month, February 2021:
Additionally, it seems to me that much of the anti-racist work that must be done in Canadian culture involves interrogating our history and cultural assumptions. Understanding that racist ideologies underpinned the growth of European colonialism and the settler culture to which I belong, I have also undertaken a series of posts on what the Scriptures say about Empire.